It was an okay day today, it was just a bunch of assembly today. Class did not start today, it actually starts tomorrow lol. I woke up around 6:30am today but I was very tired, I mean like dead tired. I knew if I went back to sleep again, I would wake up around 8, but I was planning to wake up at 7, so knowing that I went back to sleep.
OH MAN... KEN's ALARM IS SO FFREAKIN LOUD. I thought someone maxed out the volume on some speakers and put it next to my ear! Okay maybe I am exaggerating a bit but you get the message =P It was loud enough for me to mention it on the blog XD. After I woke up, I did the usual: shower, brush teeth, change clothes, put on deodorant, put on socks and then my shoes. Then I was all set for the day. I just stayed in my room til like 9:30. I went with Ken, Nick and Garret to the mandatory assembly for freshman thing at 10. It was not boring at all lol.
The first guy that went up to speak is one of the engineering teacher and he spend most of his time studying hippopotamus's sweat (how very interesting lol). You can tell that he is a british because of his accent XD, pretty cool btw, and he talked about being successful in college, studying is very important and what the credits meant. Basically one credit is 3 hours per week you will be devoting to class including studying time, so if you have 15 credits x 3 hours each credits = 45 hours total per week. He interacts with the audience pretty well and I am pretty sure that he "studied" for this presentation.
The second gal that went up talked about the Judicial system and the acceptable social behavior. We are not allowed to download anything illegally including things like music (*cough*i hope someone can get my music for me *cough cough* ) Sorry about that, my throat was a bit itchy lol. Then she talked about alcohol and cheating and such. Then she did something totally unexpected lol. She told us to look at your neighbor directly into the eye, Ken was next to me so we both looked each other in the eye. Then she said "Repeat after me: I am not a Stalker." LOL That made everyone laugh and we did it anyway, it was pretty funny. Then she said "Please stand up if you have text someone at merced other than your roommate for the last three days." A lot of people stood up. Then she said "Please remain standing if you have text more than 10 times." About half the people sat down. Then she said "Text more then 20? 30? 50? 80?" As she said each number, people sat down sequentially until one person is left. Then she point at him and said "Now you are a STALKER" LOL!! "No one should have text that much over the past few days and you have a potential to be a stalker." Sucks for him lol. After she was done, everyone gave her a big clap lol.
After that an English professor who trained in the arts of Aikido for 7 years. Aikido is a form of martial arts that involves throwing people, grappling, throwing people, falling, and throwing people across the room. Sounds dangerous? Helllllll yeah LOL. She talked about warming up your mind before class starts and incorporated some of Aikido training into her lecture. Like if you fall, go right back up because if you stay on the floor it can make things worse and the meaning implies to both life and martial arts.
Okay the presentation is over around 11:30 and we all got free shirts that said "Let the journey begin...2009." Pretty neat shirt but all the sizes they had was large so it was kinda big. There was a BBQ that was hosted after that assembly and it cost me around $7. It was pretty expensive for a burger, chips, and a soda. So to make it "more bang for my buck" said by Garret, instead of one patty for the hamburger, we got two and I got like 3 sodas and two chips. Everyone did the same except Ken and Garret did not take any extra soda (bunch of suckers LOLOL JKJK). The double patties hamburger with onion, a lot of tomatoes and lettuce filled me up to the max lol. That one burger kept me full until like 11pm LOL.
At 1pm there was another assembly and this time it was kinda boring. Bunch of people talked but ehhh who cares lol. After that we did some sort of tradition where everyone walked down "Scholar Lane" (a street) and walked past a bridge and then walk through this huge metal sculpture. We all got free ice cream after that and while in line to get free ice cream, I got this neat marker but Ashley really wanted it, so I gave it to her. When I went to grabbed my ice cream, i grabbed two ice cream sandwiches and the second was meant for Ken but he did not see it and went to grab his own, so I was left with two ice cream LOL. I did not want the second one, but again Ashley wanted it, so I gave it to her but she ended up not wanting it also so Garret ate it lol.
It was around 2:20 when we went back to the dorm and we ended up going to the dorm next to us. At 3, there is another BBQ but this time only for Engineering students at Lake Yosemite. Out of the group only Garret and I are part of the engineering school. So we headed out and meet up with other students at this one place to get picked up and be car pooled to Lake Yosemite. Turns out none arrived and we all had to walk there. Garret and I walked ahead of the group and we built up our friendship talking about things during the 40 mins walk there. The BBQ was just to meet other students of the same group and so since we were full we sat at a random table without grabbing any food. I actually started a conversation, omg let me say that again, I actually started a conversation with people at the table we sat at lololol. I do not know why, but I was comfortable and was not all that shy =). felt pretttty goooood lol. We stayed there for about 10 mins and started walking back to school. I jacked like 5 sodas before I left LOL. It was another 40 mins walk but I was use to the long distance walking since I walk home a lot, on the other hand, Garret looks like he was tired XD.
When I got back it was around 5. I used the computer and listen to music on youtube until like 8. Yeah I was bored lol. Then things got interesting and such and wow, this again took me two hours to write LOL.